Sunday, January 9, 2011

dance process journal #3: dance baby dance

My favorite rehearsal so far! We had a fabulous guest artist with us, and were highly impressed with her contributions.  It was fascinating to see how she involved herself in our dance.  We didn't really work on some of the things I had planned, but we'll get to them next time.  We took time for the dancers to develop their individual movement themes, and then I just wanted to watch for a while as we mixed those with one of our specific action ideas (stepping/standing on each other).  At the end we worked a little bit with the hat again but we are going to have to set aside more time to work that out!  When something doesn't work, it helps to show me what might make it work.  Thanks dancers for running with all of my crazy ideas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment